Saturday, May 31, 2008

Free photos

I once took a photo of a waterfall at the Ajanta caves (if you didn't know there was one, you haven't been there in the monsoon - it's seasonal and quite spectacular). It made a beautiful wallpaper for my laptop. Eventually I tired of it, and my photographic feat could never be repeated no matter where I went. So I started browsing the net for nice wallpapers. Well it didn't turn out so easy to find good ones. For a start, many are copyright and some even have the url of some stupid website printed over them.

Well today I chanced upon Wikipedia's gallery of 514 photos that were contestants for Picture of the Year 2007. They're all wonderful (unless you count the Royal Arms of Scotland - who cares??). You can download them from here.

Enjoy, and legally!

No comments: